Chris is an experienced and passionate independent Senior People & Talent Development Professional with an extensive international track-record across the Permanent, Interim and Consulting and Facilitation roles. Chris rolls up his sleeves and focuses his energies and skills on working with key Business Stakeholders and senior HR Stakeholders to upgrade and re-align their people development strategy and programmes.
Chris holds a Master’s Degree in Organisational Learning and is also an Associate Member of the CIPD and a Fellow of the ILM.
Personal and Fun:
Chris lives in England and enjoys walking, cycling, reading and travel, particularly going on safaris in southern Africa. In 2014 he took a sabbatical year out – highlights included: walking 900kms along the Camino de Santiago, Spain; Cycling 1400kms through France to the Spanish Border. He has also been a volunteer with HCPT Charity – offering disabled children life changing pilgrimage holidays to Lourdes.
Chris has held a number of global and international Learning and Development Director roles as well as extensive experience in leading, consulting and transforming HR functions, with a special interest in supporting Learning and OD departments become aligned to the organisation.
He has worked in over 15 countries and worked for a large number of blue chip organisations, including: BP, Laing O’Rourke, Kuwait Petroleum Corp, Reuters, T-Mobile, ESAB / Colfax, Ofcom, NHS (Oxford University) ,EMI Music, Celtel (Holland), AMP Financial Services, Schlumberger, Gulf Bank (Kuwait), Phillip Morris International & The Royal Bank of Scotland
Areas of Expertise and Interest:
- His experience and expertise covers: Leadership, Management, HR, Technical, Operational and all things to do with Talent .Presently focused on delivering CIPD and ILM programmes across GCC.
- Dynamic leader, coach, facilitator, trainer, author and speaker on all things to do with People and Talent Development
- Early adopter (i.e. 20+ years) of designing and delivering blended learning solutions (70:20:10) using all learning methods and media including e-learning, coaching, mentoring and on-the-job.
- Well-honed skills in creating business aligned Leadership, Talent, Technical and Functional Programmes using a systematic approach to training needs analysis (ADDIE).
- 15+ years in supporting and developing HR Functions to upgrade and transform into organisationally aligned partners delivering insight driven performance improving strategies and programmes
You cannot teach anyone anything, you can only help them to learn